A biweekly look at recent stories on anthropology and practicing anthropologists in the popular media
- Anthropologist Hugh Gusterson speaks frankly about American torture in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- Ruth Behar shares her personal experience with the rift between the U.S. and Cuba in a Washington Post op-ed.
- Slate looks at the role of relationship building in making humans uniquely successful in an interview with John Edward Terrell.
- For another perspective on success, this New York Times opinion piece by T. M. Luhrmann divides the world between “wheat people” and “rice people” (competitive versus cooperative societies).
- If George Clooney… Continue reading