Below are resource links, videos, and publications related to careers in anthropology.
- American Anthropological Association: http://www.aaanet.org/profdev/careers/
- Society for Historical Archaeology: http://www.sha.org/documents/corrected_sha_careers.pdf
- Society for American Archaeology: http://www.saa.org/publicftp/public/resources/Careers.html
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists: http://physanth.org/career/careers-in-physical-anthropology
Selected Links from Anthropology Programs
- What can I do with an Anthropology Degree? from the Univeristy of North Texas: http://anthropology.unt.edu/careersinanth-whatcanIdo.php
- What Can I Do with a Degree in Anthropology? from University of Kansas
- Finding a Career in Anthropology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Job Opportunities for Anthro Majors from Cal State Fullerton
- Physical Anthropology: Nonacademic jobs in physical anthropology from UC San Diego
These videos, beginning with the most recent, focus on careers in anthropology:
Altimare, Emily L. 2008. “Beyond Ethnography: Corporate and Design Anthropology,” DVD, 24 minutes, Careers in Anthropology No. 2, Arlington, VA: American Anthropological Association.
Smiley Francis E. 2006. “Anthropology: Real People, Real Careers,” DVD, 42 minutes, Careers in Anthropology No. 1, Arlington, VA: American Anthropological Association.
Briody, Elizabeth K. and Dawn Bodo. 1993. “Anthropologists at Work: Careers Making a Difference,” DVD, 36 minutes, American Anthropological Association and EXPOSE: Communications Network.
See also: NAPA answers to student questions about anthropology careers (1994)
These publications, beginning with the most recent, focus on careers in anthropology:
Ellick, Carol J. and Joe E. Watkins. 2011. The Anthropology Graduate’s Guide: From Student to a Career. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
Fiske, Shirley J., Linda A. Bennett, Patricia Ensworth, Terry Redding, and Keri Brondo. 2010. “The Changing Face of Anthropology: Anthropology Masters Reflect on Education, Careers, and Professional Organizations,” Arlington, VA: American Anthropological Association.
Briller, Sherylyn H. and Amy Goldmacher. 2009. Designing an Anthropology Career: Professional Development Exercises. Lanham, MD: AltaMira Press.
Strang, Veronica. 2009. What Anthropologists Do. Oxford, UK: Berg.
Guerón-Montero, Carla, ed. 2008. Careers in Applied Anthropology in the 21st Century: Perspectives from Academics and Practitioners. NAPA Bulletin No. 29, Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing.
Wasson, Christina, ed. 2006. Making History at the Frontier: Women Creating Careers as Practicing Anthropologists. NAPA Bulletin No. 26, Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.
Nolan, Riall W. 2002. Anthropology in Practice: Building a Career Outside the Academy. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner Publishers.
Omohundro, John T. 2002. Careers in Anthropology. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield, 2nd ed.
Camenson, Blythe. 2000. Great Jobs for Anthropology Majors. Chicago, IL: VGM Career Horizons.