The archive houses documents and information on NAPA’s history, governance, and resources. Its development is ongoing, and we welcome your suggestions.
2015 Annual Meeting Audio Recordings: Featuring two invited sessions, one roundtable, and seven special career audio interviews
2014 Annual Meeting Audio Recordings: Featuring one invited roundtable and two special career-oriented sessions
The initial podcast pilot series launched in March/April 2014, and featured interviews with eight practitioner anthropologists about their work and career trajectories.
Podcast Pilot Series
A follow up series came online at the end of 2015, and featured interviews with eight MA anthropologists discussing their transitions out of graduate school.
Podcast Follow Up Series
CAREER PROFILE INTERVIEW SERIES (2013-14)
These brief career-related interviews of 16 anthropological practitioners originally appeared on the NAPA LinkedIn pages. Starting in April of 2014, the series was moved to the blog page of this website.
PROGRAM CHAIR REPORTS
The NAPA Governing Council meetings twice annually, during the AAA and SfAA meetings. Committee chairs submit reports before each meeting covering their respective committee’s status, progress, and challenges. Reports are in chronological order, in PDF format.
- NAPA Committee Reports Fall 2014
- NAPA Committee Reports Spring 2015
- NAPA Committee Reports Fall 2015
- NAPA Committee Reports March 2016
NAPA’s past presidents are nearly evenly split between those based inside and outside of the academy: List of Past NAPA Presidents
- In 2010, the NAPA Membership Committee conducted a survey of past NAPA Presidents to gain their impressions on NAPA and its services to members. The nine most recent presidents responded to several open-ended questions. A survey report is available in PDF format.
- In 2004 NAPA conducted a quick survey to determine members’ feelings towards the AAA’s decision to move the annual meeting from San Francisco to Atlanta. A survey report is available in PDF format (link to come).
- NAPA sponsored a survey of alumni of master’s level applied anthropology training programs that was conducted in January 2000. The survey report is available in PDF format.
FOUNDING DOCUMENTS, 1983-1988
Some 257 pages of letters, notes, memos, report drafts, receipts and other pieces of NAPA’s founding.
NAPA Expense Reimbursement