no images were found
Job: Lead Interaction Designer / Design Director
Should be local to the SF Bay Area…there is no move package. Must be comfortable in working with a start-up and doing multip;e releases in a year.. You will be the only UX person there for now. Will need to build a team and a lab over the next few years.
Our client’s Innovation Management Solutions help companies to determine the best products and services to deliver and the best features and functions to include in them. Their SaaS-based solutions cover the product lifecycle from collecting and assessing Voice-of-Customer/Voice-of-Market data through collaborative applications for product planning and requirements management. Their award-winning solutions (Excellence in Product Management Award from the Association of International Product Marketing and Management in 2006, 2007, and 2008) enables our customers to align corporate and product strategies with market needs, gain visibility and control in product planning and development, and thereby successfully execute strategies and plans.
We are seeking a seasoned usability professional with proven track record of creating complex, high-quality enterprise software in a rapidly changing environment.
The role will provide leadership for the development and delivery of the successful software product, responsible for the overall usability of our client’s product suite. In this role, you must be able to understand end-user workflows and design user interfaces that are intuitive and optimize workflow.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about user-centered design and usability in general, with the ability to create both compelling concepts and work through complex details. You should have experience working in collaborative environments, integrating user-centered design, technology, business strategy, and managing clients. You will work closely with Product Management and other Engineering teams located here and abroad. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
– Driving innovation and vision for user interface at the company.
– Creating designs for new functionality as well as revising and improving existing products.
– Designing, prototyping, critiquing, revising, and user testing client’s product user interfaces.
– Reviewing functional specifications, wireframes, and mock ups with product management.
– Work with the technology council to provide architectural leadership with respect to user interface.
– 10+ years of combined experience in large scale software development with
5+ years as lead interaction or usability designer
– Proven experience in designing efficient, scalable, flexible web-based or desktop applications
– Familiarity with modern browser-based user interfaces as well as application user interface guidelines
– Demonstrated ability to write clear technical and design documentation or rich deliverables
– An industry presence in the areas of interaction design, user research, and/or information architecture.
This could include conference presentations, publications, or papers.
– Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
– Works independently with strong consultative and instructional skills
– Masters degree preferred in a related discipline (usability, psychology, anthropology, etc.)
Very nice to have:
– Designed products with social interaction issues
– Track record of products developed, known for excellent user experience
– Research into future user experience technology and applying new technologies (e.g. mobile,
multimedia, multi-touch, haptics, etc.)
– Worked for a respected design consultancy
– Determined a common design language for a suite of products
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.