no images were found
Job: Lead User Research Specialist
Position Summary: Kelley Blue Book is looking for a Lead User Research Specialist to conduct qualitative and quantitative studies that will improve the user experience on Kelley Blue Book’s website, kbb.com. This person will report to the Director of User Research and work closely with other researchers, product managers, and KBB auto industry liaisons to deliver insights about the consumer and customer (auto industry) experience with Kelley Blue Book. The ideal candidate has a passion for user research of all types, is a creative thinker with a strong foundation in research but a flexible approach, open to exploring out-of-the box kinds of research as a member of this growing team. The ultimate goal of the user research team is to help provide user experiences that delight kbb.com users!
- Work closely with peers in User Experience, Product, and other teams to identify and understand research questions and construct qualitative and/or quantitative studies that will provide useful insights.
- Plan and design qualitative research studies, including scheduling, recruiting, and writing research plan that outlines study goals and methodology.
- Identify recruiting requirements, write screeners, and work closely with recruiters to obtain most appropriate users possible for research studies.
- Run qualitative research studies, both formal (e.g., lab, remote) and informal (e.g., person-on-the-street interviews).
- Analyze results from all types of qualitative research and report at various levels, from detailed identification of issues and recommendations for product teams to high level executive overview. Present results of study as appropriate.
- Design, write, and report on quantitative research (surveys). Work closely with Analytics team (who will run appropriate statistical analyses on data) to ensure data will yield what’s necessary to answer questions posed.
- Program surveys using survey tool (for internally run surveys) or coordinate with vendor for externally run surveys.
- Provide innovative, customer centric, information and visual design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
- Contribute subject matter expertise in the areas of user behavior, usability testing, and industry standard user research best practices.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance user experience.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in user research, web design and user interface/information architecture conventions.
- Proven experience with techniques in qualitative research, including formal and informal usability testing, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, etc.
- Proven experience with techniques in quantitative research, including survey construction, understanding results of website analytics and multivariate analysis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of task and use-case analysis, heuristic analysis, and user personas.
- Strong understanding of online design, marketing and advertising.
- Good understanding of the benefits and constraints of current Internet technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree must be in a qualitative research-related field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Design, Human Factors; plus a minimum of 8 years of user research experience for an established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing web site or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please apply online by clicking the following link: https://jobs-kbb.icims.com/jobs/2056/job